Re: Text editing question

From: kamaraju kusumanchi
Subject: Re: Text editing question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:47:07 -0500

Steve C. Thompson wrote:

Consider:

go = 1;
while
for j = 1 : 10
for i = 1 : 10
a = i;
b = j;
end

On my system [Kubuntu 5.10 (breezy); VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3,
Included patches: 1-78], using .../indent/matlab.vim, along with

 set expandtab
 set tabstop=2
 set shiftwidth=2

results in:

go = 1;
while
 for j = 1 : 10
   for i = 1 : 10
     a = i;
     b = j;
end
end
end

For some reason, the ends don't get properly indented.  The
octave.vim script
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1241) seems to
only provide syntax support for endif, endwhile, and so forth.
But, from my testing, it doesn't help with indenting.

Yes. That is the behaviour I am also seeing. I reported this as a minor bug on the Debian BTS

I did not have time to look into the indentation script. May be if you have a patch, the maintainer will be fixing it more quickly.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi