Plotting functions

From: John Hilton
Subject: Plotting functions
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:46:26 +1000

Hi,

I would like to be able to take a function in the form

f1(a, b, c) = 0

and plot a graph of 'a' vs 'b' with 'c' being constant.
This is easily done if the equation form is manually changed first to

 b = f2(a)

but I would like to get Octave to sort out the details if possible
(numerical solutions are fine, I don't care about handling the situation where multiple solutions exist)

Is there an easy way of getting octave to do this?

bye
John