Re: passing functions handles to functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: passing functions handles to functions
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:40:03 -0500

On  8-Mar-2006, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:

| for both matlab and octave and of course we must notify the reader
| where there are some differences between the two implementations.

OK.  I think it is important that when discussing these things in your
text (which will have a longer shelf-life than any version of Octave)
that you make it clear that these differences are not set in stone,
and that Octave changes over time, so these differences may disappear
in the future.

I also did not mean to be too harsh in my reply, but it seems that
sometimes poeple assume that Octave's deficiencies are by design, or
that we have a large staff paid to work on Octave, so they don't
understand why it is not 100% compatible (sometimes within weeks of some
new feature being available in Matlab).

In any case, thanks for asking about these issues.  I would be happy
to provide feedback on the portions of your text that discuss Octave.

Thanks.

jwe