sockets and C#

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: sockets and C#
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:42:04 -0500

I have C# talking through a socket to Octave and getting the results back to C#.
If any one wants it send me an Email.

I am now going to use it to add interactive graphics for root locus design problems.

the steps are :
!) from C# sent the transfer function to Octave.
2) Have Octave do a root locus.
3) bring the data back to c#.
4) plot the data in C#
5) use the mouse to find the gain at a point on the curve
or move a pole or a zero
6) send the new data to Octave
repeat until the user is satisfied with the results.

I hope to make it similar to the way Matlab does it.

I am doing this for my students and thought I would see what ideas the list folks might have.
Comments are welcome.

Doug Stewart