Re: Re2: Matlab matrix support

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Re2: Matlab matrix support
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:56:12 +0200

Jaroslav Fojtik wrote:

>Dear David,
>

>>The matrix matrix format always saves in the native format, with a flag
>>for the endianness in the header of the file. Octave respects this
>>endianness flag and  inverses the endianness where necessary.
>>

>  Thank you. So if I compile Octave on Solaris I could obtain a matrix
>I am asking for.

If the solaris is running on a big endian machine..

>Anyway, are you also planning to support matrices from Matlab 7.1?
>They are same as previous, but gzipped. May be, that I probe this and
>when I succeed, you could copy&past my code.

Matrices from 7.1 are supported in 2.9, though I only wish mathworks did
just gzip the files as just using gzopen instead of the bastard
partially zipped and unzipped format they used that made me have to
allocate additional memory in the code to read their files. It also
makes backward compatiability impossible as if it was just a gzipped
file, running "gzip -d" on the Matlab v7 file would turn it into a
Matlab v6 file.. This was a stupid design choice in my opinion.

The octave code can also read UTF-8 files, but can't read the other UTF
types supportted in Matlab v7.1..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only