Re: octave and NAG

From: Kevin H. Hobbs
Subject: Re: octave and NAG
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:19:47 -0500

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 13:28 +0200, Gorazd Brumen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have experience with using octave and NAG fortran or c
> libraries (NAG = numerical algorithms group)? Can he share his
> experience with us?
>

> Thanks a lot,
> Gorazd

Depending on what you mean, Yes. I've had experience with octave and the
NAG C libraries. If you mean some Frankenstein build of octave with NAG
then, no I've only used them as separate projects.  When I used NAG I
was tormented by their documentation.  I switched to the GNU Science
Library ( GSL ) which does almost everything NAG does but also has
understandable documentation. Somehow combining octave and GSL seems
very sane, wrapper functions and such. Their both GPL at least.