Bi variate to mono variate functions

From: Anglade Pierre-Matthieu
Subject: Bi variate to mono variate functions
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:17:09 +0200

Hi all,

I've some kind of very dumb problem with octave's synthax. probably
because I don't mastered it at all I'm not able to solve the following
problem:

I have a function which look like having two variables but have in
fact a single one and I can't find the way to tell this to octave.
Here is the function (LateX form):
f(x) = \int_a^b g(x,y) dy

In order to compute that I first define g(x,y)
Then I'd like to use the "quad" function to get the integral over the
range o "y" values.
but I d'ont find the way to tell quad that my function is now g(x,y)
but with a fixed "x" value.

Obviously I need to do this on the fly ( i.e. I can't define a
function for each value of x) because otherwise it would take too long
to get a complete plot...

Could anybody kindly help me?

--
Pierre-Matthieu Anglade