Re: HPC has octave-2.1.73 for Mac

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: HPC has octave-2.1.73 for Mac
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:38:27 -0800

Sorry re item 1. Below. Octave was installed in usr/local/bin plus a lot
more in urs/local/bin. Amazing, it took less than a minute.
Henry

Indeed that looked easy but I have two small problems.
1. Why do I get installation in usr/local/lib (see below). My Finder window
was at /usr/local/lib because I wanted to be able to see what happened
during installation. Installation was so fast there was no time to switch
from terminal window to Finder window. lib was the only folder in /usr/local
and I had selected it. For no reason but apparently a mistake.

Last login: Fri Mar 31 12:26:35 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
henry-mollets-imac:~ hfm$ pwd
/Users/hfm
henry-mollets-imac:~ hfm$ ls
Desktop         Library         Music           Public
Documents       Movies          Pictures        Sites
henry-mollets-imac:~ hfm$ cd Desktop
henry-mollets-imac:~/Desktop hfm$ ls
octave-2.9.4.tar        octave-bin.tar
henry-mollets-imac:~/Desktop hfm$ sudo tar -xvf
octave-bin.tar -C /

CUT
Password:
usr/local/
CUT
usr/local/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc

henry-mollets-imac:~/Desktop hfm$ cd /usr/local
henry-mollets-imac:/usr/local hfm$ ls
bin     include info    lib     libexec man     share
henry-mollets-imac:/usr/local hfm$ cd lib
henry-mollets-imac:/usr/local/lib hfm$ ls
gcc                     libg2c.a
libgcc_s.dylib
libfrtbegin.a           libg2c.dylib
libiberty.a
libg2c.0.0.0.dylib      libg2c.la
libreadline.a
libg2c.0.dylib          libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
octave-2.1.73
henry-mollets-imac:/usr/local/lib hfm$

2. I cannot find download for gnuplot for mac:
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/download.html gives
Gnuplot 4.0 for the Macintosh *to be* available at homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/
(or somewhere else, please wait).
Then when I click on the above URL, I'm taken to
http://www.mac.com/account_error.html with the following message:
Our records show that the account you're attempting to connect to either
does not exist or is currently inactive.
Henry