problem with 'mkoctfile'

From: Agnes Bousquier
Subject: problem with 'mkoctfile'
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 12:30:03 +0200

Hello everyone,

I recently installed last octave-forge and octave-devel packages on my Fedora core 5 computer from FC's official web site (octave-forge-2006.03.17-4 and octave-devel-2.9.5-3). Although Octave seems to run beautifully, when I try to compile the "hello world" file included in the Octave's package, I get :

$ mkoctfile hello.cc
/usr/bin/ld : can not find -lgfortranbegin

I did not find any solution on my google search. Does anybody know what is going wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for your replies

Best regards,

Agnes