Re: Goto BLAS source code now available

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Goto BLAS source code now available
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:03:59 +0200

Francesco Potorti` wrote:
Maybe this is old news but the source code for K. Goto's BLAS implementation
is now available (strictly for academic use only) at:

   http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/resources/software/software.php

I haven't read the the license text so I'm not sure if it GPL:ed

It cannot be, since not all uses are permitted (academic use only).

The exclusion from distributing binaries is also still in place and so only the user can install goto blas, which is a major limitation on its usefulness even for academics.

D.