Re: Size limit of "std::ostringstream buffer"

From: Aakash Dalwani
Subject: Re: Size limit of "std::ostringstream buffer"
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 02:31:32 -0400

On 5/10/06, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  7-May-2006, Aakash Dalwani wrote:

| A quick question,
| What is the maximum size that will be allocated to a buffer declared as:
| std::ostringstream buffer

There is no set limit other than available memory.  A ostringstream
object grows dynamically as needed.

Thanks for the reply John.

On a related note, so when a dynamically linked library allocates a
ostringstream buffer, once octave returns from a call to this library,
the memory is deallocated, right? or am I supposed to explicitly free
the memory allocated to the ostringstream? If yes, do let me know how.

Thanks for your guidance,
Aakash