Export of the integer value in fixedpoint toolbox

From: Jan Trmal
Subject: Export of the integer value in fixedpoint toolbox
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:04:09 +0200

Hello,
I'm just wondering, if it is possible somehow gain the acces to the integer
representation of the fixed point number. It could be used for example during
the process of calculation of coefficient of some filter or so, for further
implementation in HW. I would highly appreciate it. Nowadays, I have to
perform all my calculations using IT++ or using matlab.
I'm aware, that can be realized just using expresion like a.x * (2^a.dec), but
I would have to take care about the sign of the variable, so it would be much
more comfortable to write for example x.i = 7; x = x* y; disp(x.i)
I could try, if someone guides me, (I guess it could be relatively easy), but
I'm quite unexperienced in octave-C++ programming.
Thanks in advance for any comment on this.
Yenda