strange behaviour of errorbox() function when combined with subplot

From: Gerald Ebberink
Subject: strange behaviour of errorbox() function when combined with subplot
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:29:03 +0200

When I do the following in octave, I would expect to get two identical
graphs in one gnuplot window

octave:142> figure();
octave:143> subplot(1,2,1)
octave:144> errorbar(38000,240/2)
octave:145> title("hello")
octave:146> tics("x",1:6)
octave:147> axis([0,7])
octave:148> xlabel("X label")
octave:149> ylabel("Y label")
octave:150> subplot(1,2,2)
octave:151> errorbar(38000,240/2)
octave:152> title("hello")
octave:153> tics("x",1:6)
octave:154> axis([0,7])
octave:155> xlabel("X label")
octave:156> ylabel("Y label")

The only problem is that the title, tics,axis and label functions only
seem to work with the second plot.

I have looked into the code, but I can not figure out why it should do
this, does any one of you have an idea?

Kind regards,
Gerald Ebberink

--
NCLR B.V.

Visiting address                                Postal address
Drienerlolaan 5                                 PO box 2662
7522 NB Enschede                                7500 CR Enschede
Netherlands                                     Netherlands

Phone : (+31) (0)53-489 11 10 - Fax : (+31) (0)53-489 11 02
Direct line (+31) (0)53-489 39 61