Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Cameron Laird
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:32:24 +0000

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 02:21:47PM -0700, Steve C. Thompson wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> Octave is free software licensed under the GNU General
> Public License---I can install it and run it on as many
> computers as I can get my hands on without being
> hassled by a vender---I can view the source code.
                        .
                        .
                        .
> PS: Maybe post your slides when they are finished?

I make what I do as public as possible.  <URL:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-oslab/ >
is an example.

I apologize for not writing clearly.  I'm well aware
of Octave's license.  I should have explained that I'm
looking for *functional* advantages of Octave I can
tout.  I have an audience that's suspicious about
open-source software; once I show 'em a few technical
features of Octave, though, I expect to be able to
make a lot of progress with them.