Re: Build Help on Mac Intel

From: Shane Lee
Subject: Re: Build Help on Mac Intel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:20:24 -0400

Ah. Apologize for e-mailing the listserv w/o reading there first. Will
try not to let it happen again.

It works famously. Thanks.

On 10/4/06, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/4/06, Shane Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> I received the warnings concerning sparse matrices, so I would like to
> build them in, but for various reasons I cannot/have not been able to.

It is a separate library that you need to download and build separately
(before building octave).

> Well the configure ran fine, and so did the 'make' and 'make install'.
>
> It runs and reports 2.9.9, which is great, except now the gnuplot is
> broken. I created a new .octaverc file that has the line:
>
> gnuplot_binary = '/sw/bin/gnuplot'

With recent octave you need to do
gnuplot_binary("/sw/bin/gnuplot")
(see NEWS file for details)