Levy ('Stable') Distributions in Octave

From: Pav, Steven E
Subject: Levy ('Stable') Distributions in Octave
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:19:42 -0700

Hi;

I cannot find an implementation of Levy Distributions (pdf, cdf, inv,
rnd) in octave or octave-forge, or on the internet (google search of
'stable distribution octave' comes up with all kinds of links for the
other meanings of stable and distribution.) Did I just not see it?
It seems like sampling could be just a wrapper for the GSL version, but
the pdf and cdf might be tricky.  There is a toolbox for this in Matlab
(200 bucks, www.robustanalysis.com).  Any hints?

thanks,

--sep

[ Steven E. Pav, Ph.D.            address@hidden ]
[ Senior Scientist, Tech. Dev.               WORK: 925.463.4253 ]
[ Nellcor, Tyco Healthcare                   FACS: 925.463.4210 ]
[ a palindrome:                               tracker trek cart ]
[ Please Note: The information in this E-mail message may be    ]
[ legally privileged and confidential information intended only ]
[ for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the     ]
[ reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you   ]
[ are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate,  ]
[ distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have       ]
[ received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and   ]
[ promptly delete the original message. Thank you.              ]