Re: debugging .oct libraries

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: debugging .oct libraries
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:24:30 +0100

Gorazd Brumen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is a way to debug (with a debugger, such as gdb or
> totalview) the functions written in C++, compiled and run by octave.
> Last time I
> did that was (due to my incompetence in programming) a pain.
> Should I attach the debugger to the octave process, or ...
> Octave
> was constantly crashing etc. So, my question is, how can one
> most effectively debug these things? And please, no Linus answers: "If
> you need a debugger you are not good enough."
> I know that myself.
>
> Gorazd

My technique is to launch "gdb octave", call "help myfunc" that causes
the function myfunc to be loaded into the symbol table but not executed.
You can then set breakpoints in myfunc and debug normally..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary