Re: Fast copy of buffer data into a matrix

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Fast copy of buffer data into a matrix
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:49:34 -0500

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
2007/2/8, John Swensen <address@hidden>:
I am currently working on a module to capture data from a firewire
camera and returning it to a user in Octave.

this is interesting.

You are piloting the capture directely from within octave then.

I suppose this could also be done for physical data from a USB or
serial connection.

Where can I find such a function or module ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

I am still working on this, but the libraries used are open source, Octave is open source, and my advisor is in favor of open source, so once this is done, I am more than willing to share it with you. In essence, it should work for any firewire camera supported by libdc1394 (Linux and OSX only, I think). In case I forget, remind me in about a week, once it is more usable.

John