Re: LaTeX codes in plot text (titles, labels, etc.)

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: Re: LaTeX codes in plot text (titles, labels, etc.)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:28:54 -0800

Dear Ron,

What I do is save results to a text file and use Gnuplot
with its own dedicated scripts starting with  `set term
pslatex'.  Then I can use the entire LaTeX capability for my
plotting.

>From my experience with Matlab, you can add simple
characters---as you mentioned \pi to the title, for example.
However, I found that environment to be limited.  For
example, I'm sure that Matlab would choke on:

  set xlabel '\mathcal E _ \text b / N _ 0 \vspace {1em}'

In short, Gnuplot with pslatex can handle any arbitrary
LaTeX command.  The output is a .tex file which is then
called from your main LaTeX source file with the command
\input.

This doesn't exactly answer your specific question, but
hopefully it will give you more ideas.

Regards,
Steve