Re: Enabling SuiteSparse support during compile (Linux)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Enabling SuiteSparse support during compile (Linux)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 23:08:10 +0200

Theo. Sean Schulze wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try it.  The linux and the Mac OS X files systems are
> similar, so it might work.  If it doesn't, a little tuning might do the
> trick.

I believe slackware can use RPMs. So take the fedora SRPM rebuild it and
install it and then rebuild octave. Cut and paste instructions

wget
ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/fedora/linux/extras/6/SRPMS/ufsparse-2.1.1-1.fc6.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh ufsparse-2.1.1-1.fc6.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/RPM/SPECS
rpm -ba ufsparse.spec
cd ../RPMS/
find . -name "ufsparse*" | xargs rpm -Uvh

Rinse and repeat octave build

D.