Re: MakeShears

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: MakeShears
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 09:41:45 -0400

On May 5, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

Hi,
   Currently, the only undocumented function in the Octave-Forge image
package is 'MakeShears'. I can't figure out what it does, so I can't
write the documentation. The function also doesn't have an author or a
license. So,

1) Does anybody use this function? If so, could you tell me what it does?

2) Would anybody object if I simply removed the function from the image
package?

Yes.

$ grep MakeShears *
MakeShears.m:function [S1, S2] = MakeShears(theta)
imrotate_Fourier.m:             [S1 S2] = MakeShears(phi);

$ grep imrotate_Fourier *.m
imrotate.m: imgPost = imrotate_Fourier(imgPre, thetaDeg, interp, bbox); imrotate.m: imgPost(:,:,i) = imrotate_Fourier(imgPre(:,:,i), thetaDeg, interp, bbox); imrotate_Fourier.m:function fs = imrotate_Fourier(f, theta, method="fourier", bbox="loose") imrotate_Fourier.m: error("imrotate_Fourier: not enough input arguments"); imrotate_Fourier.m: error("imrotate_Fourier: first input argument must be a gray-scale image"); imrotate_Fourier.m: error("imrotate_Fourier: second input argument must be a real scalar");

Since Octave now allows private functions, I would recommend
adding MakeShears to the end of imrotate_Fourier.

- Paul