Re: about installation of Gnu Octave

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: about installation of Gnu Octave
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:11:21 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> Dear octave users,
> recently I have installed Gnu Octave 2.1.73 for windows, but I can't
> obtain a window in which I can find "file, save, import (for
> data)...etc.." I would ask you if the installation procedure is not
> completed, what can I do? thank you

Your installation is complete. It is just the octave does not have any GUI.
You can take a look at texmacs. It provides a GUI environment for various
programs such as maxima, mathematica, octave, gnuplot etc., Besides all
this, you can typeset documents and obtain quality which parallels a latex
document.

hth
raju

--