Re: error: template with C linkage

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: error: template with C linkage
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 08:13:51 +0200

On 17/mag/07, at 07:00, Brian Borchers wrote:

I haven't had time to try building with gcc4 yet, but I did find that

removing the cxsparse library from the configuration led to a

successful build using gcc 3.4.6.  This suggests that there's

something specific involving the cxsparse library that's causing the

problem

Brian,

For me sparse matrix support is crucial as I'm mainly working with Finite Elements,
so I would rather not disable CXSparse...
OTH, compilation completes successfully with gcc 3.4.6 if I take out the

extern "C"  { ... }

construct from oct-sparse.h.

I didn't have time yet to rum "make check" to
 see if the resulting libraries work, though.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks,
Carlo