Re: mfilename work around

From: gOS
Subject: Re: mfilename work around
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 06:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

It isn't an option to switch to Linux due to many factors. This feels like
the whole firefox vs ie... Something doesn't work, blame the OS instead of
the programmers.

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> If mfilename is not in the octave-forge package in cygwin, then
> grab its source code and compile yourself using mkoctfile.
> http://octave.cvs.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-forge/main/miscellaneous/mfilename.cc?hideattic=0&view=log
> It's as simple as that and this works fine for me.
>
> I also cannot reproduce your original problem,
>  function test
>  disp(sprintf("in function: %s", mfilename() ) );
>  endfunction
>
> works as expected using octave-2.1.73/cygwin
>
> benjamin
>
> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
> Der kanns mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Thank you. This code did work for me, and I've found the issue now. I'm
trying to get code to work for both Matlab and Octave. In Matlab you don't
need to declare a function name to use mfilename. This made sense because it
grabbed the filename some how. Apparently I'm going to have to get creative
since mfilename in octave is grabbing something else, something I can't
route around with conditional logic. :/

Thank you again.
BK