Re: RFS: QtOctave -- A Qt front-end to Octave

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: RFS: QtOctave -- A Qt front-end to Octave
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:05:20 -0400

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> The Debianised source tarball is found here:
>
>      http://www.cimat.mx/~jordi/debian/qtoctave_0.5.1-1.debian.tar.gz
>
> The dotdeb I built in Lenny (but which *should* build in unstable
> unless libqt4-dev is more heavily patched than I think) is found here:

I think you built it for Lenny because you are running Lenny. However, if
you want the packages to be accepted into Debian per se, then you should
build the packages for unstable.

You can build packages for unstable even if you are running stable or
testing. I have done this kind of thing to build texmacs (www.texmacs.org)
packages for unstable even though I am running stable.

I have summarized the instructions at
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2007/04/recipe-for-building-texmacs-package.html#links

BTW, texmacs also provides a GUI environment for octave 2.1 (It does not
work with octave 2.9 though).

hth
raju

--