Re: won't load octave-forge path

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: Re: won't load octave-forge path
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:17:57 +0200

I don't think that this bug report is relevant for my problem.
from the bug report:

Upgrading zlib1g to 1.2.3.3.dfsg-2 resolves this bug, so lower
versions should
not be allowed to octave2.9.

i have a newer version of zlib1g than requested. Package: zlib1g  ver:
1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-3

let me give some more details: I am not able to access *all*
functions of octave-forge because the octave-forge tree is
simply not included into the octave path. If I include it explicitely
with a adequate "addpath" into my .octaverc, i get lots of
messages like this

warning: autoload: `' is not an absolute file name

after that, I can use octave-forge.

Short summary: use Octave's pkg.m.

right, the reason is perhaps that the new package management
scheme is not yet applied to the octave-forge package currently
distributed with debian? note: if I do "pkg load all", nothing changes.

any hint ?
eric.