Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:04:20 -0400

On Jul 12, 2007, at 9:44 PM, Henry F. Mollet wrote:

Hi Owen,
According to Paul Kienzle I've misunderstood the problem. Title on the plot vs title on the window. I was using default title on the window. If I had to
set the title on the window I would have used  (in  Octave 2.1.73):

octave:3> gset term aqua 1
Which would produce "Figure 1" in title of window.

When I tried the equivalent in Octave 2.9.12, that is:
__gnuplot_set__ term aqua 1

It did not work but did not produce any error messages. That is it was still
using the default window title "Figure 0".

Okay, that worked for me. I changed my version of drawnow.m to contain the following in open_gnuplot_stream:

    if (nargin == 3)
      fprintf (plot_stream, "set terminal %s\n;", term);
      fprintf (plot_stream, "set output \"%s\"\n;", file);
    elseif isempty(getenv("DISPLAY"))
      fprintf (plot_stream, "set terminal aqua %d\n",h);
    endif

This is suitable for OS X only. It still works for gnuplot 4.2, though the newer version also supports:

        fprintf(plot_stream, "set terminal aqua title \"Figure %d\"\n", h);

- Paul