Jacobian with lsode

From: Alban Berg
Subject: Jacobian with lsode
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

nice forum. I am an Octave newbie but I guess my question is a bit silly.
I want to obtain the values for the jacobian at the solutions given by lsode
for a certain function which I have already defined, let us say, as xdot =
myfunction(x, t).
So, what I do is call x = lsode(["myfunction"; "j"], x0, t) having defined
x0 and t. So, my question is :
do I have to define a function  jac = myj(x, t) and then run x =
lsode(["myfunction"; "myj"], x0, t)
 or does Octave compute the analytical/numerical jacobian itself?
Many thanks.

Alban