Re: Filled plots taking advantage of gnuplot's filledcurves line style?

From: kahacjde
Subject: Re: Filled plots taking advantage of gnuplot's filledcurves line style?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:02:18 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Gustafson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to determine if gnuplot's filledcurves linestyle has been
> implemented in 2.9.13+.
>
> I see in __go_draw_axes__.m the option specification filledcurve, and it
> appears under a the switch case "patch".  I assume this means it is
> implemented (or is meant to be, now or in the future).
>
> However, I can't figure out exactly how to get there or if it really is
> what I expect.  I thought I might be able to use the following code,
> however it didn't work.
>
> octave:4> h=plot(sin(0:pi));
> octave:5> set(h,"type","patch");
> warning: set: invalid property `type'
>

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks,
>
> Pete

Hello Pete,

I am currently working on a patch implementation, where a first part has
already been included in octave, as you have observed. To make 'patch' work
some more changes are required.
If that task is completed a matlab compatible 'area' command (which is what
you looking for) can be implemented easily. BTW octplot already provides an
area command.

Kai