Re: Information on porting graphing scripts between 2.1.x and 2.9/3.0 ?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Information on porting graphing scripts between 2.1.x and 2.9/3.0 ?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:04:30 -0700

If I understand correctly, this implies that
plot(1:10,"L") at octave prompt should work with gnuplot 4.2 instead of
gnuplot 4.0? .
It does not work when using octave-2.9.13/gnuplot-4.2 but it works when
using Octave-2.1.71/gnuplot-4.0 (see below).

According to Michael
>"Plotting system has been made compatible with Matlab. So if you want a
>impulse or step plot, use "stem" or "stair" respectively. This is how you would
>do it in Matlab."

But "stair" (aka steps plot style) did not work for me.

Henry
**********************
octave-2.9.13/gnuplot-4.2 results:

 [~] -bash-2.05b 501$ exec
'/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave'
GNU Octave, version 2.9.13

octave-2.9.13:14> plot(1:10,"L")
error: plot: properties must appear followed by a value
error: evaluating if command near line 60, column 6
error: evaluating if command near line 59, column 4
error: evaluating if command near line 57, column 2
error: evaluating if command near line 56, column 7
error: evaluating while command near line 43, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 3
error: called from `__plt__' in file
`/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/2.9.13/m/plot/__pl
t__.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 182, column 7
error: called from `plot' in file
`/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/2.9.13/m/plot/plot
.m'
octave-2.9.13:14>
Octave-2.1.71/gnuplot-4.0 results:

 [~] -bash-2.05b 501$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.1.0).
octave:1> plot(1:10,"L")
# give "stair" plot
octave:2>