Re: I can't read output

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: I can't read output
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:55:11 -0400

I'm confused by what you mean by not being able to read y.  Could you elaborate?  To put this in a script, simply put those lines in a file with a .m extension, say myprog.m in directory mypath, then you can simply do:

addpath('mypath');
myprog

to execute the script.  You don't need the addpath, if it is in your current directory.

James

Dear octave users,

I have installed in my PC Octave 2.1.73 for windows. I've written in the octave prompt the following small program:

y=zeros(100,4);

for i=1:4

for j=2:100

y(j,i)=y(j-1,i)+randn(1)

end

end

But the problem I can't read the output y!! I would like to ask you, dear friends, How to register this program in script and how ta call it from Octave in order to execute it?

Many thanks in advance