Re: Installing Octave 2.9.13.gz

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Installing Octave 2.9.13.gz
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 10:28:51 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 02.09.2007, 15:01 +0700 schrieb Abdul Rahman Riza:
> Dear All,
>
> I just downloaded actave 2.9.12.gz and now I don't know how to Install
> it on my ubuntu machine. Please advise the procedures.

You need a compiler, all dependency packages[1] and then follow the
instructions in INSTALL. Please be advised that this won't generate
a .deb package for you.

Alternatively, you can pester the Ubuntu developers to sync the Octave
packages with Debian.

[1] Depending on the type of your system and the current version of
Octave there, you might get away with "apt-get build-dep octave2.9",
although I doubt that.

        Thomas