RE: speed of octave

From: Eric Carlson
Subject: RE: speed of octave
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:01:19 -0500

MKL is not free (runtime libs can be distributed royalty free, but I do
not know the fine print on restrictions), but octave IS free. If it is
possible to make the link, then nothing would preclude someone building
and linking if they had their own copy of MKL. Over the next few months
I may license or get a demo and run a few benchmarks to check out some
of the claims for more real-world situations.