Re: Hi

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 15:41:21 +0800

Michael Goffioul wrote:
On 9/15/07, LUK ShunTim <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

This is really strange. On my debian/sid, 2.6.22 amd64 kernel, octave
2.9.13,

<quote>
$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.9.13
Copyright (C) 2007 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1> edit
error: `edit' undefined near line 1 column 1
octave:1> help edit

help: `edit' not found

"edit.m" is part of the miscellaneous package of octave-forge. Do you
have it installed?

Michael.

Oops, sorry for the noise.

I just changed over to an amd64 box and didn't realize octave2.9-forge has not been available any more for some time in debian.

I can report that "pkg install miscellaneous-1.0.2.tar.gz" works for me.

Regards,
ST