lsode question

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: lsode question
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:04:45 +0100

Hi!

I'm calculating several functions governed by coupled differential
equations (5 in total), but the first has delta functions all over the
place and doesn't depend on the others and so is much easier to sort out
with a custom routine.

Thus I've now got 4 coupled ODEs plus a function that I've calculated
numerically.

What I'd like to do is use lsode to calculate the other 4 instead of
the for loop I wrote originally, but my function which gives the
derivative of the system somehow needs to get hold of the value of the
first function. Although I can pass its values through as an array,
this isn't much help, as I'm given "t" not "k": the position in the
array of t values we are currently at.

Is there a nice solution? At the moment, I'm using the fact that my
values of t were calculated via linspace and working out k from that,
but it feels like quite a kludge.

Rupert