Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:32:00 +0200

Hello,

El Miércoles, 26 de Septiembre de 2007, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso escribió:
> Should QtOctave follow the same design principles like a single
> workspace with non-overlapping windows and mostly useless information
> in them, or open many small independent subwindows for each new
> functionality requested?

I think that QtOctave's author plans to add a lot of flexibility about how the
windows should be on screen. It seems that he plans to support both MDI and
SDI. This is a short slideshow where he shows what he plans:

http://qtoctave.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/presentacion_windows_layout.pdf

The problem is that in my case whan I try to use the 'Window' command I got
the following error:

ASSERT: "widget->testAttribute(Qt::WA_WState_Created)" in file
painting/qbackingstore.cpp, line 636

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es