Gnuplot problem with Octave 2.9.13 windows XP

From: Ryan Nicoll
Subject: Gnuplot problem with Octave 2.9.13 windows XP
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:05:59 -0700

I can't plot *anything* using the Gnuplot graphics backend. When I try
to use "plot" or "sombrero(5)" it just swamps the console with
"gnuplot> ^ invalid command" error messages. It seems this issue may
have come up and perhaps been resolved before (see here:
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-June/003175.html)

I've tried the octplot and jhandles backends and they work buggy or
have limited features compared to gnuplot. I using 2.1.73 for windows
in the mean time (NOT cygwin).

thanks for your help in advance!

--
Ryan Nicoll