Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14

From: John
Subject: Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 05:31:27 -0700

Sergei Steshenko wrote:

--- Rajkiran <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

        I've downloaded and installed both development and testing
versions of Octave-2.9.14 and have successfully installed on my system
with few warnings. However, when I start Octave and check the version
using the command/function, version, it outputs it as 2.1.50. And also,
many of the functions described in the documentation like "matrix_type"
etc. are not available (I believe the reason is that my octave version is
2.1.50).

  So, how to get 2.9.14 version installed ?

Thanks,
Rajkiran

                        RAJKIRAN PANUGANTI
        DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
        www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~panugant/index.html
572, Stinchcomb Drive,                          474 Dreese Laboratories
Apt#6                                           2015, Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201-1277                         Columbus, OH 43210-1277
Phone: 614-330-9124                             Phone: 614-292-7036

What about

1) running

whereis octave

(I guess we are talking about a UNIX-like system);

2) adjusting PATH variable as needed ?

OR

3) calling 'octave' with full path ?

Well, and, most likely, adjusting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

It may well be your 'octave' is installed, just an older version
is picked up.

Regards,
 Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

Hello,

"which octave" should be useful:

bash-3.00$ which octave
/opt/csw/bin/octave
bash-3.00$ /opt/csw/bin/octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (i386-pc-solaris2.8).
Copyright (C) 2005 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

octave:1>