Re: version of SuiteSparse?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: version of SuiteSparse?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:19:21 +0900 (JST)

> I'm hoping to produce a Fink package for SuiteSparse ... and to
> provide a Metis package to support a fully functional SuiteSparse
> package. I'll work with the Fink team on the details, as this is new
> to me. In any event, I'll also have to work on keeping the Metis out
> of Octave ... again something I'll need help with from the Fink experts.

As I metioned in Re:Metis, the CHOLMOD can be constructed without metis.
I do not know the diffrence octave functionalty difference with or wihout metis,
Octave itself is surely build with CHOLMOD without METIS.

# METIS, optionally used by CHOLMOD

# If you do not have METIS, or do not wish to use it in CHOLMOD, you must
# compile CHOLMOD with the -DNPARTITION flag.  You must also use the
# "METIS =" option, below.

# The path is relative to where it is used, in CHOLMOD/Lib, CHOLMOD/MATLAB, etc.
# You may wish to use an absolute path.  METIS is optional.  Compile
# CHOLMOD with -DNPARTITION if you do not wish to use METIS.

Building cholmod with -DNPARTITION option can realise the cholmod library
without metis.
My cygwin and mingw binaries include cholmod without metis.
Perhaps some features will be lost without metis but the cholmod itself can be
build without the
metis.

Regards

Tatsuro