Re: Octave Compilation Error

From: Himanshu B. Dave
Subject: Re: Octave Compilation Error
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:07:16 +0530

I down-loaded and installed:

ATLAS 3.8.0 released 10/10/07,

that should be latest enough.
Or is it possible that "dormrz_" function is renmoved in this newer version of
library?

On 10/25/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 25-Oct-2007, Himanshu B. Dave wrote:

| I do not think it is question of "configure" finding the new ATLAS
| and CBLAS libraries. They are included via ldconfig. Actually,
| running the command pipes:
|
| nm libatlas.so | grep "dormrz"
| nm libcblas.so | grep "dormrz"
| nm libf77blas.so | grep "dormrz"
| nm liblapack.so | grep "dormrz"
|
| do not detect presence of an identifier with name "dormrz_" or "dormrz"
| in any of these latest ATLAS libraries. On the other hand:
| $nm libcruft.so | grep "dormrz"
|          U dormrz_
| shows that it is libcruft (and not liboctave) which is requesting "dormrz_".
|
| Putting all these togather, it seems that "dormrz_" is somewhereelse and not
| in
| ATLAS libraries.

The only place dormrz is called is in the files
libcruft/lapack/dgelsy.f.  Octave does not call it directly.  If you
are actually linking with the (what did the configure summary say?)
then I'd guess that you are also still picking up the files in
libcruft/lapack.  Did you clean up the previous build before you
reconfigured?

The reason dormrz is not present in your ATLAS or LAPACK libraries is
probably because they are based on older versions of LAPACK that did
not have this new internal function.

jwe