Re: Is this copyright/license agreement Octave-compatible

From: Josh Rigler
Subject: Re: Is this copyright/license agreement Octave-compatible
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:53:35 -0700

Peter A. Gustafson wrote:
I doubt the octave community is the best group to clarify a NASA license. Perhaps you could contact NASA and request they actually release the code under a compatible license?

It's not clarification of the license I was looking for (I know exactly what it is the original authors intend, as I've discussed this with them and others, both in and outside NASA), but whether those who have a significant investment in Octave development would see this license as compatible with Octave's GPL license. Please see my response to another useful comment in this thread.

-EJR