Re: Folium of Descartes

From: Giovanni Lovato
Subject: Re: Folium of Descartes
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:28:50 +0100

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 1:45 PM, Giovanni Lovato <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

>>> Apparently the right (I dont have Matlab, so I assume here) way, to do
>>> this is
>>>
>>> func = inline ( vectorize ( 'x^3-x^2+y^2' ) );
>>> y = linspace(-2*pi, + 2*pi, 100);
>>> x = y;
>>>
>>> z = func(x,y);
>>> plot3 (x,y,z)
>> Thank you for the interest!
>> BTW the plot won't display a folium-like curve, but a totally different
>> (I think!) curve.
[CUT]

> Im sorry for flooding the list. I am using a new mail client, but
> thats no excuse.
> I think you want to plot the 'implicit' functions here in the ezlpot().
> I think I missed that point earlier.

Yes sorry, I didn't explain well (and I'm not so cute in speaking English)!
 I would be able to draw the implicit function F[X,Y] : X^3-X^2+Y^2 = 0
like ezplot() in Matlab does. I thought there was a simple and common
solution on doing it, but if this is a weird request I'll try to draw it
manually with a vector-graphics tool.
 Meanwhile I'll remain tuned on this list to catch any other hint :)

Thank you!
G.L.
--
mail: address@hidden