Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?

From: Unexperienced User
Subject: Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:51:28 -0800 (PST)

novakyu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Windows version of Octave from Sourceforge
> (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078)
> with the binaries from gnuplot_fixed.zip, and although it works fine
> most of the time...

Hello,

amazing that the fixed gnuplot binaries seem to work for you. For me they
don't, neither will Octave operate with them, nor can I start them from
Windows (XP Home, SP2). I downloaded from the same source, but Octave
console always tells me something like "application cannot be started", same
for the Windows console, and after double clicking in MS Explorer a message
dialog pops up complaining about an incorrect application configuration
(sorry I can't tell you the exact messages, my system runs in german
language and I don't like to change that...)
So, do you have possibly any idea which configuration I have to fix or what
I have to do to these executables (the ones included in the Octave setup
file work, but produce strange and inconsistent graphics)? Anybody else
having trouble with them? Could it be the CPU? I operate an old AMD Athlon
XP processor.

Best regards, Angelo