ode45 for simultaneous equations?

From: Charles Coronella
Subject: ode45 for simultaneous equations?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:40:18 -0800

I'm trying to utilize ode45 to solve multiple simultaneous ODEs. I have no problems using ODE45 for a single ODE, but I can't seem to get it to function properly for multiple ODEs.

To make sure I'm not screwing up the syntax, I copied the syntax from Mathsoft: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ode23.html
Example 1 has three simultaneous equations.

Am I doing something stupid? Do others use ose45 for this purpose?

The error I get back says:
error: operator \: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 2x2, op2 is 1x2)
error: evaluating binary operator `\' near line 317, column 23
error: evaluating assignment _expression_ near line 317, column 15
error: evaluating for command near line 304, column 5
error: evaluating while command near line 297, column 3
error: called from `ode45' in file `d:\Octave\share\octave\packages\odepkg-0.3.3\ode45.m'
error: near line 5 of file `C:\Documents and Settings\ccoronella\My Documents\Octave\driver.m'

Thanks.

Chuck