Re: Comments in emacs

From: novakyu
Subject: Re: Comments in emacs
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:12:18 -0800

I don't know if this is helpful or not ... but it seemed like emacs'
octave-mode recognized only "#" for beginning comments. I think when
you type "%", emacs doesn't think it's a comment (probably an operator
or something).

GNU Octave can handle .m files using "#" for comments, but I don't
think Matlab can, if Matlab compatibility matters to you.

Since Matlab compatibility was important to me, I just ended up
editing my .m files in fundamental-mode, since I didn't really need
any of automatic indenting features for .m files (although the lack of
keyword highlighting is somewhat missed ...).

Regards,

Andrzej