Updated Manual?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Updated Manual?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:28:06 -0500

On  2-Jan-2008, address@hidden wrote:

| I'm a fan and I'd like to contribute by buying the Octave manual.  Do you
| have plans for releasing an updated version to coincide with your release
| of 3.0.0?

The manual has been updated for the 3.0 release.  I don't have plans
to publish it myself, but I think Brian Gough has said he is planning
to make a printed version of the updated manual available.  Brian
contributes $1 to the Octave project for every copy sold.  While that
is appreciated, it is clearly not a large sum of money, so if you want
to contribute funding, please consider making a direct donation via
the University of Wisconsin Foundation.  You can find a link here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/funding.html

Please follow the directions on that page when filling out the online
form so that the people who process contributions know where to direct
the funding.

Thanks,

jwe