Re: Octave 3.0 successfully built

From: Julian Schnidder
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0 successfully built
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:10:36 +0100

Am 05.01.2008 um 20:17 schrieb John W. Eaton:

On  5-Jan-2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| Just to say that Octave 3.0 builds without any problems whatsoever
| here in Ubuntu 7.10. :-)
|
| I did first do "apt-get build-dep octave" which probably installed
| more than I needed to satisfy most of Octave's build dependencies. I
| still had to install the libqhull library manually anyways. Was there
| a location that said exactly what all of the build dependencies were
| if I wanted all of Octave's functionality? I couldn't find it in
| INSTALL or README docs.

I don't think a complete list of dependencies is documented except in
the configure script.  I'd consider a patch to the manual.

Here is some attempt of a patch for the README. Only the direct dependencies are covered.

It also corrects an inaccuracy in an comment in doc/interpreter/ install.txi.

Kind regards,
Julian