Re: gunzip incompatible

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gunzip incompatible
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:14:02 -0500

On 28-Jan-2008, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| No I think you could change 'unpack.m' and allow a 4th argument that can
| be used
| as a fallback.

It wouldn't really be a fallback method, since it would force a
particular method instead of trying to guess then falling back on some
other method if the guess failed.

Also, looking at unpack, it seems that it is already set up to have
the third argument be the filetype (method to use) but that it is not
being used appropriately.  So I think fixing this just a matter of a
small patch to unpack.

jwe