Coexisting Octave versions -- ? [was "Re: `clear variable` does not work

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Coexisting Octave versions -- ? [was "Re: `clear variable` does not work ?"]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:57:12 -0800

Hello. I, too, have not upgraded from 2.1.73 because I have several plotting scripts that I don't want to have to modify.

Would it be possible for me to install the latest Octave without clobbering 2.1.73? How? And would it be a simple matter to specify which version to use when I run Octave? Again, how?

What do y'all think would be my best game plan? I'm using a PowerBook G4 12", OS X 10.4.11. TIA.

---John.