Re: problem with packae installation

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: problem with packae installation
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:12:15 -0600

On 07/02/2008, Jean-Marie Bonnaz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem with octave when I try to install a package. I can't
> understand the error mesage.
>
> "pkg load gnuplot-4.2.2

Gnuplot isn't an Octave-forge package. In Debian, it's a Debian
package, one of those things you install with aptitude (or apt-get, in
Ubuntu).

What version of Octave are you using? I'm not sure how Ubuntu versions
of Octave are nowadays. They may still be using versions prior 2.9.10
where monolithic octave2.1-forge or octave2.9-forege packages were the
preferred method to install the 'forge functions.

- Jordi G. H.